Have you ever heard of a Password Manager? If you haven’t, then let me tell you about what it is and the reasons you should consider using one for your business.
A password manager is a secure vault where you can store all of your sensitive information (passwords, 2FA’s, credit cards & IDs). It securely fills your credentials while you browse, so you don’t have to remember any password ever again.
What can you do with a password manager?
- Generate Strong & Unique Passwords.
- Never have to remember a password again by enabling one-click logins to websites.
- Share access to accounts with team members with the click of a button.
- Create personal vaults for every team member for non-work accounts to secure all of their digital presence.
- Add an extra layer of security by enabling 2FA’s on company accounts.
Let’s be real here, every single one of us is guilty of changing our passwords and then not being able to remember it the next time we go to login! It’s more common than you think, but in business that time wasted on failed logins and constantly having to change your password will add up and decrease productivity levels.
So after that your probably thinking should I really use a password manager? Lets take a look at a few statistics as to why you should!
- 81% of hacking-related breaches leveraged either stolen and/or weak passwords.
- 84% of people still store passwords on sticky notes/smartphones/spreadsheets etc. (Easily accessible)
- Each year, ransomware attacks are growing by more than 350%.
- 48% of data breaches are the results of malicious or criminal attacks.
So now you’re probably thinking sounds pretty good but sure my smartphone and web browser store passwords and generate ones for me so why would I use this? Well, it’s your lucky day because we have the answer to that question too!
- All a web browser does for you is store your password, a password manager lets you know if the password you are using is weak or being reused on it’s Security Dashboard feature.
- A password manager allows you to customize these strong passwords and select the number of characters used and whether the password includes numbers, uppercase letters or special characters.
The statistics don’t lie, it’s better to be safe than sorry and a password manager is a fantastic chance to add that extra layer of security to your business.
Most IT providers will tell you to engage with us because “We’ll 100% guarantee your safe from hackers and ransomware attacks” If your MSP tells you that, than it may be in your interest to consider switching providers because that’s never the case! We can ensure you are a lot more protected, lessen the chance of a cyber attack and have a back-up there in the slim chance that you are targeted but nobody is ever 100% safe from cyber criminals.
We here at Sync IT strive to offer you the best service we possibly can and we all use a password managing tool in house and it has increased our productivity levels and maintained an organized structure within our business, and here’s the best part, it really isn’t that expensive whatsoever!
Want to find out more on the password managing tool we use? Or the IT service we provide? Head on over to the contact page on our website and get in contact with us now!